Fibroids are considered as benign (non-cancerous) tumours that are made up of muscles and fibrous tissue. These could be found in the wall of the womb. Oftentimes, they produce no symptoms but have been known to cause bleeding and infertility.
What Causes Fibroids?
- Excess oestrogen hormone. Fibroids have been known to be brought about by a hormone imbalance, most especially when there is excessive oestrogen hormone.
- Alterations in genes.
- Chemicals. There are substances that help in maintaining the tissues in the body, and these substances could also affect the growth of fibroids.
Diagnosis, Signs, and Symptoms of Fibroids
Although generally, fibroids do not cause certain symptoms, yet there are always cases wherein a woman may experience the following:
- Pelvic pain or pressure
- Heavy bleeding during menstrual period
- Urinating frequently
- Leg pains
Remedies, Treatment and Cure for Fibroids
Fibroids can be treated by taking into cognizance the different causes of fibroids. A proper diet will follow in order to minimize the risk of developing fibroids.
Diet for Fibroids
- Try to avoid foods that could elevate the oestrogen levels or those that will recycle oestrogen into a more aggressive form. Some of these foods that you must avoid are alcohol, animal fats like cheese, milk, butter, ice cream, cream, chocolates, and meat.
- Do not try to heat ready-made meals in plastic containers since the plastic residues could leach into food and have an oestrogen effect.
- Do not patronize non-organic foods since these have high herbicides and pesticides content. These harmful compositions of non-organic foods migrate to the fatty tissues and increase the activity of oestrogen in the body.
- Go for fermented soya-based foods. One examples is tempeh. This has a regulating effect on the levels of the body. It is also protective against those aggressive oestrogens.
- Eat beneficial foods like cabbage, chickpeas, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower.
- Linseeds or flax seeds contain lignin which helps in balancing the hormones in a natural manner.
- Cook your vegetables in the right manner. Do not overcook them.
- Try to drink fresh vegetable juice every day. Make sure you drink it immediately after juicing.
- Eat foods that are rich in carotenes. Some of these foods are cantaloupe, melons, sweet potatoes, apricots, carrots, watercress, spring greens, and spinach.
- Eat foods that are considered as rich in Vitamin E such as avocados, hazelnuts, and wheat germ.
- You need a lot of essential fats. These fats are important for hormone production.
- Soya isoflavones (50-1OOmg). This is important for the regulation of hormone levels.
- Agnus castus (1-3ml tincture or 1-3g tablets daily). This is an herb that has been traditionally used to maintain the balance hormones.
- Hi-strength multi-vitamin and mineral for women.
- Silica and calcium fluoride tissue salts (4 of each daily). These help in breaking down the fibroids.
- A natural progesterone cream could also help in reversing fibroids. Just make sure that you talk to your physician before using this.
Some Helpful Hints
- Fibroids will usually shrink naturally as one ages.