How To Get Rid Of Cold Sores Fast
How To Get Rid Of Cold Sores Fast
Wondering how to get rid of cold sores fast? There are actually various ways that you can get rid of cold sores expeditiously. The important thing that you have to remember when treating cold sores is that you have to treat it at the earliest. From the time that the cold sore has emerged, you need to treat it right away and not wait for the cold sore to become worse.
Some of the remedies that you can grab in order to get rid of cold sores fast are provided by Cold Sores Cure. These include:
- The tea bag remedy. Putting a warm tea bag on the area where the cold sore is beginning to form for a period of about thirty minutes can allow reduced healing time and reduced appearance of the cold sore.
- Natural remedies. Applying salt directly to the cold sore can heal it naturally and quickly. Another treatment that helps get rid of cold sores fast can include applying olive leaf extracts to the area or applying lemon balm to the area.
- Household remedy. There are a number of different at home remedies like applying an ice cube directly to the cold sore to reduce swelling and appearance of the cold sore.
- Overnight remedy. There are a number of over the counter medications that can help reduce the appearance of your cold sore overnight. Such products might include, but are not limited to, Abreva, Lysine, Anbesol, or Valtrex. Zovirax is another over the counter treatment that you can purchase or you can get a prescription from your doctor.
Source: Cold Sores Cure
Aside from the things that are mentioned by Cold Sores Cure, you can also opt for some of the treatments that are provided by Self Growth. These treatments are:
- Give the virus the cold treatment. Beginning at the first itching sensation until the cold sore actually opens up, the virus is replicating. Applying ice, or any cold item, will discourage the virus from continuing. It really works. Makes the area feel better too.
- Cold sore virus hates lysine. Lysine and arginine are the two main amino acids that play a role in cold sore virus replication. The more lysine you take, the less arginine will be stored in your cells. The virus uses arginine as a building block for new virus. If the virus does not find enough arginine in the cells, it will give up and go back into hibernation. Normal lysine dosage during a cold sore is 2000 to 4000 milligrams per 24-hour period.
- Wipe out the virus invasion. You will put a huge dent in the virus army by sterilizing the wound with hydrogen peroxide or alcohol. Peroxide is my favorite because it also adds extra healing oxygen. This will help you get rid of a cold sore quickly.
- Cold sore virus loves acid. The virus does very well when the body is in an acid state. Take a good vitamin and mineral supplement to help your body stay alkaline and discourage cold sores. Avoid acid foods during a cold sore – vinegar products and tomatoes.
Source: Self Growth
Always remember that when it comes to cold sores, the old adage prevention is better than cure will always work. According to Cold Sore Proof, there is no definite cold sore cure that can eradicate HSV-1 all together. Thus, it is best to recognize what triggers the virus from dormancy and avoid such conditions. The most common inducing factors include stress, bright sunlight, exposure to extreme weather, anxiety, dental procedures and other health problems (such as catching a flu). Though there are now many ways on how to get rid of cold sores, it is always better to make sure that you exercise caution and avoid circumstances that would potentially lead to outbreaks.
Source: Cold Sore Proof
Whenever you have cold sore, always remember that you can get rid of it. Just make sure that you follow the tips and tricks provided above on how to get rid of cold sores fast and you will be well on your way to treating cold sores.